Just having a nice safe to keep your shotgun in is great but it’s a different thing all together having a safe where you could keep your shotgun and still have quick access to it in the event of an emergency.
Of course it’s important that such a safe have all the key protection features that a decent safe should have but more importantly, it shouldn’t be manual enough to take eons to access.
Most quick access gun safes are designed to keep small firearms. Moving up size-wise, most safes tend to have either manual or electronic locks for different reasons. Well, we did our homework to find what suits your needs best and here’s what we found:
Thanks to its versatility, this rifle safe can not only store rifles and ammo but also guns. But what’s great to note is that it comes loaded with a biometric lock. So besides being keeping your gun safely and away from children and intruders, it also promises you quick access to your safe in the event of an emergency.
A 4-position rest inside the safe helps to keep your guns not just upright but neatly stored. Also, there’s additional space within the safe in the form of a small shelf where you could keep your ammo or spare magazines.
Back to the biometric fingerprint, the system can store a maximum of 120 fingerprints. Another great thing about the lock is that it opens in no less than four seconds after you’ve placed your finger on the reader. And it doesn’t matter whether its day or night, which should be good news to those who often fumble in the dark.
Its body comprises of 2mm steel and it utilizes a 3-point deadlocking system. Also important to note is that when you access the safe, it’s going to beep so as to alert you. You also have the option to turn off this feature if you wish.
Other features worth noting include:
- Pre drilled for bolting to the floor or wall
- A set of two backup keys
- An emergency backup battery
- 1 year limited warranty
- CA DOJ approved
- Quick and simple access
- Option to open silently
- Additional shelf space you could store your pistol
- Not protected from fire or water
- Relatively small space
- Will fall over often if not mounted
Overall, this safe is a great solution to those in need of quick access to their guns. Even though it lacks the advanced features such as fireproof or waterproof capability, for its price, it’s pretty much worth the investment as it offers great value in return.
The Amsec BF7240 gun safe is excellently built with a sturdy body and a roomy enough interior. Its manufacturers have touted it as “the world’s most unique gun safe” citing its security and protection as a reason for that.
An additional pre-cut electrical access hole together with the E-Z slant-out interior allows for easy access to the safe. Not to mention two relocking devices and the key-locking dial all of which refine accessibility and add to its protection as well.
Apart from the amazing features ingrained in its design, this safe comes with U.L certified RSC burglary protection as well as ETL certified 120-minute fire protection. The exterior is high gloss with textured paint options.
The lifetime warranty is a great addition to consumers like to have a guarantee that their investment is still covered should something happen.
Other features you will want to note include:
- ½” thick steel plate door
- Three-way bolt work
- 12 massive 11/2 chrome plated bolts
- Premium Door Organizer (PDO) offers quick access
- It has a fire resistance of up to 1275F for as long as 120 minutes.
- Beating even its sister safes from the same manufacturer (BF7250 and BF6024) in the thickness of the steel plate, both have a steel plate doors of 3/8 inch thickness, the BF7240 ½ thick steel plate door makes it more secure.
- It has the industry’s most flexible interior with a door organizer.
- It comes fitted with a storage option for two assault rifles or shotguns on the door
- It also features dual door seals as protective measures against fire and smoke
- It comes with a UL residential security container burglary classification
- It comes with a hefty price tag that can deter many people from acquiring it.
Whether it’s the build quality, protection or accessibility, this safe comes loaded to meet your expectations. Even though it’s on the higher end of the price range, what you get in return is worth the investment.
Pick 3: Mesa Safe Company MBF6032E
This safe is a 14.4 cubic foot offering from one of the world’s best renown gun safe companies. It can hold up to 30 rifles and still have enough room for your pistols, ammunition and other valuables. Access to this safe is through an electronic lock that is under the protection of a punch activated spring loaded re-locking device.
When it comes to quality gun safes, the Mesa Safe company MBF6032E is a sure win in terms of security and storage. It has a roomy interior that can accommodate all your gun power from pistol to rifles and ammunition. Built with complete steel, the frame sits at around 650 pounds.
Other features worth mentioning include:
- Internal power strip
- Pocket door organizer for quick access
- 2 story impact resistant
- This safe is able to withstand temperatures of up to 1750F for 1 hour without budging
- The interior is upholstered for the smaller items like ammunition boxes and knives while at the same time featuring shaped gun rack holds for the shotguns and rifles.
- It is fitted with a power outlet strip and USB feature to make it a secure gun and valuables hub. The strip has three electrical sockets and two USB ports
- The locks are drill, pry and punch resistant while the body is made out of 12 gauge thick steel. The locks have a brass finish and are protected by a hard plate
- The safe features heavy duty steel hinges with 11/2” diameter live locking bolts
- The keypads can have glitches at times as reported by some users.
Well, as far as space is concerned, this safe has you covered and the presence of an electronic door together with pocket organizer will ensure that you have quick access to your shotguns.
Pick 4: Winchester Ranger Deluxe 19-7-E
Also featuring on our list is the browning Winchester Ranger Deluxe 19-7-E. Widely popular, it is considered among the best long gun safe to acquire this year. It has a well-constructed sturdy exterior for that much-needed security.
Like every other Winchester safe, the Ranger Deluxe 19-7-E offers a UL rated lock and for additional protection you have 1.25- inch solid steel locking bolts plus a drill resistant plate.
Fitted with functionalities that range from the best security to fire protection and storage, this safe is big enough to house 24 long guns. The interior is considered roomy enough to even allow smaller handguns and other accessories.
Other features worth mentioning are:
- Quick access due to the door organizer
- 12 gauge steel body
- Pry resistant corner bolts
- Adjustable shelving for additional storage
- It has pry resistant features that increase its ability to keep your guns secure. These include the heavy 12 gauge steel frame, 4-way lock bolting system, and a reinforced integrated door.
- It can withstand a raging fire of up to 1400F for 1 hour and come out unscathed. To achieve they are fitted with three layers of fireboard for the door and two layers of fireboard in the body.
- It comes fitted with a Palusol heat expandable door seal as well as the external door hinge which allows 180 door swing
Overall, the Winchester Ranger Deluxe 19-7-E is an all-around kind of safe that fits almost every need. Of course it will accommodate your shotguns as well as allow you quick access thanks to the electronic lock and also use of door organizers.
We close out our list with another highly rated gun safe: the Stack-On TD14-28-GP-E-S. It is noteworthy to mention that this safe meets the requirements of Penal code section 23655 and the regulations issued therein. As for the capacity, the safe can hold up to 24 guns or if you wish a combination of other stuffs with the gun.
The stack-On TD14-28-GP-E-S features a combination lock that keeps it drill, punch and pry resistant. It has also been tested under fire for 75 minutes and comes out unscathed. Besides that, it could handle floods as well.
Other features to note include:
- Waterproof when bolted to the floor
- 4-way locking bolts
- Fully carpeted interior
- Door storage organizer that allows quick access
- Electrical outlet
- It is waterproof and can remain standing in water up to 2 feet for up to 72 hours
- It features a new door storage organizer that provides maximum storage for all the guns and their accessories. This organizer includes zipper bags that can be removed and removable holsters for your pistols
- It has a 4-way locking system with 5, ½ inch live action locking bolts in addition to 3 dead bolts for each of the eight locking points
- It can remain unscathed for 75 minutes in temperatures up to 1400F
- It is fitted with a 3 number combination lock with a drill resistant steel plate that is placed behind the lock. This reinforcement makes the safe even more secure
Besides being spacious enough for your shotgun, this safe guarantees maximum protection from things such as fires and floods not to mention its 3-number combination lock.
Well, there you have it. Each of the safes we’ve listed packs its own special features as far as gun capacity and accessibility is concerned. It’s obvious that each of us has different needs and with that in mind, we came up with a list that should include something for everyone.
So before making your purchase vet your needs and proceed to pick the safe that suits you best.